PortalHomeFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Using SlowMo Properly in F.E.A.R.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VS Tyrant
Admin

PostSubject: Using SlowMo Properly in F.E.A.R.   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 pm

The slowmo is designed to simulate your hightened reflexes and speed as the Point Man. Used correctly and you'll be almost unstoppable. Used poorly and you may find yourself quickly turning into a sitting duck. This goes for all games in the series.

I see many new F.E.A.R. players do the same thing, turning on slowmo and letting in run out while dispatching one enemy then reloading. By doing this, you will often find yourself in the middle of the fight surrounded by intelligent enemies just waiting to die. Not only does this leave you surrounded by enemies, but it often results in a lack of immediate cover for you, 2 sure ways to get yourself killed.

A better method is to use slowmo sparingly. Turn it on, dispatch an enemy, then turn it off while reloading or repositioning. If there are multiple enemies bunched together, throw a grenade then hit slowmo, shooting the grenade once it gets in amongst them. Once the grenade is shot, turn it off and let it recharge. This way, you will not only kill most of the enemies, but you will have plenty of slowmo left to take out the remaining bad guys. It is also much more beneficial to close the distance between you and the enemy rather than using slowmo to make long shots (sniper rifles excluded).

By using slowmo efficiently, you will quickly become extremely difficult to kill.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dygitaldarkness.forumotion.com
ScareCrayze

PostSubject: Re: Using SlowMo Properly in F.E.A.R.   Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:31 pm

I do that all the time. I get so excited that I forget to turn the damn thing off. Especially when the mech armor guys show up. I usually wind up running out of slowmo right in front of those bastards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tankified

PostSubject: Re: Using SlowMo Properly in F.E.A.R.   Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:42 pm

HaHa hell yea I had that problem when I first started too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using SlowMo Properly in F.E.A.R.   

Back to top Go down

Using SlowMo Properly in F.E.A.R.
Page 1 of 1