Digital Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital Darkness

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RE 4 vs. RE 5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

RE 4 vs. RE 5 Empty
PostSubject: RE 4 vs. RE 5   RE 4 vs. RE 5 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 pm

While I'm not a fan of the direction the developers have taken the franchise, these are generally great games in their own right. There are some subtle differences though, and I'd like to get your opinions on them.

I believe RE 4 to be a better game in general. It was new and fresh at the time which helps, and it seemed as though the bosses were more difficult to finish off. In RE 5, defeating the big guys seemed to be little more than hitting a button when it flashed on the screen. I didn't get flustered with the bosses because it seemed to be an automated sequence, taking the thinking out of it.

In addition, it seemed as though the constant overwhelming hoardes of infected were more intense in 4. In 5 they relied more on "special" infected than sheer numbers. Folks that jumped, folks that took alot of damage but walked slow and in a straight line. I never really felt overwhelmed in 5.

Let's start there. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://dygitaldarkness.forumotion.com
DarkGizmo

RE 4 vs. RE 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE 4 vs. RE 5   RE 4 vs. RE 5 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:34 am

I agree. RE4 is better then 5, but both games suck compared to their predecessors and the old style of gameplay. I really hope RE6 or revelations does something to bring back the old style because it was way better then the over-the-shoulder crap we have today.
Back to top Go down
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

RE 4 vs. RE 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE 4 vs. RE 5   RE 4 vs. RE 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I don't see them stopping now to tell you the truth. They are banking on all the youngins that aren't even aware of the gameplay in the founding games.
Back to top Go down
https://dygitaldarkness.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

RE 4 vs. RE 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE 4 vs. RE 5   RE 4 vs. RE 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE 4 vs. RE 5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digital Darkness :: Game Discussion :: Survival Horror Shooters-
Jump to: