Digital Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital Darkness

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

F.E.A.R. 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

F.E.A.R. 3 Empty
PostSubject: F.E.A.R. 3   F.E.A.R. 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:32 pm

F.E.A.R. 3 is on it's way, set to be released in May.

F.E.A.R. 3 is to include new features such as co-op, an evolved cover system, and more scares, according to Day 1 Studios founder and president Denny Thorley. In the game the player will be able to control both Point Man and Paxton Fettel, the protagonist and antagonist, respectively, from the first game, F.E.A.R.. The controls for the Point Man are the same, with shooting enemies and slowing time. As Fettel, you assist the Point Man by using telekinesis, stun, possession, and other abilities.

There has been alot of negative feedback regarding the use of live-action trailers to promote the game. I am among them, as these trailers seem cheesy and poorly made. With John Carpenter working on the game, I would expect more out of them. F.E.A.R. 2 was a bit of a dissappontment to many, with a greater emphasis put on the action and far less focus placed on the scare factor.

The first installment in the series got us hooked with the creepy little girl popping up and the various ghosts showing up between the action scenes. It seemed to good to be true, a creepy game that also turned out to be an excellent shooter. The makers of 3 claim to have included more scares than ever, but the trailers show a bit of cheese. There were alot of ghosts and monsters to fight, which I think moves away from what made them successful. The first game relied on short scenes of creepy beings wandering around and occasionally being tossed into what seemed to be an alternate dimension. They played on the ghost premise as opposed to monsters, which to me is creepier because I believe ghosts have a better chance of being real than monsters.

Either way, I will certainly be giving this game a play-through. The added co-op mode should provide entertainment, even it it isn't scary anymore.

Back to top Go down
https://dygitaldarkness.forumotion.com

F.E.A.R. 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digital Darkness :: Game Discussion :: Survival Horror Shooters-
Jump to: