Digital Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital Darkness

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting the Most Out of Old Games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

Getting the Most Out of Old Games Empty
PostSubject: Getting the Most Out of Old Games   Getting the Most Out of Old Games EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Anyone that has a decent amount of games in their collection will eventually face the dilemma of getting rid of the old to make room for the new. Some of these old games haven’t been played in years and it’s time to get rid of them, but how?

There are many options for this ranging from the most economic to the most convenient. Usually, the most economic methods are the least convenient and vice versa. This concept is actually pretty broad and can be applied to many, if not most, goods and services.
Let’s discuss the various methods of turning your old games into new ones:

Trade-ins-

Video game stores, like GameStop, allow you to trade your old games in for store credit. It’s a lot like trading in a car, as when you trade in a car at a dealership you will be sacrificing money for convenience. You get paid a ridiculously low amount of money for the product but it is the quickest and easiest way of getting rid of the old games and putting the proceeds towards new games. Some stores, again like GameStop, offer trade-in deals. These deals usually require a certain number of games, specific titles, or that you apply your trade-ins towards the purchase of specific titles. Though these deals are better than nothing, you’ll still be losing money.

Craigslist-

Using Craigslist is the middle ground between trading in your games and selling them on Ebay. You have the option of either listing them for higher than they are worth with hopes of settling on a price at or above your real asking price, or simply posting them for an actual trade-your game for some other game. This is slightly inconvenient due to the amount of worthless inquiries you’ll get from people that don’t have any money, but making a post on CL is quite simple, and it’s local so you probably won’t have to deal with scams as you can see things before you buy them. When possible (if not every time), you need to see the game played before buying it if you get it through CL. If they refuse, look elsewhere.

Ebay-

You’ll get the most money for your game here quite often, but this is the least convenient. You have to pay for a posting, and then worry about scammers. People selling the same item will claim to want to purchase your game, then will “change their mind” after you have taken down your posting. In addition, you often have to wait several days-if not weeks-for the game to arrive. I don’t know many gamers that are interested in waiting long for a new game. Also, check craigslist in your area first. If people are already posting this item, post it on CL for a competitive price. If not, people will usually go to Ebay for their purchase and will ultimately see your item.

No matter how you decide to get rid of your old games, know that there are many different ways of saving money or time. Be smart, and get the most of the process.
Back to top Go down
https://dygitaldarkness.forumotion.com
tankified

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Most Out of Old Games   Getting the Most Out of Old Games EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:40 pm

GameStop is crooked. They give you $5 for a game then turn around and sell it for $30. I don't think I need a game that badly to sacrifice my money and dignity to use them. I suppose some people just don't give a damn.
Back to top Go down
talkingarbage

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Most Out of Old Games   Getting the Most Out of Old Games EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:48 pm

yea gamestop is shit. i get that you have to sell things for more than you paid for them to make money but not that damned much.
Back to top Go down
Snobothehobo

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Most Out of Old Games   Getting the Most Out of Old Games EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm a packrat, so I always end up keeping my old games anyway.
Back to top Go down
ScareCrayze

ScareCrayze

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Most Out of Old Games   Getting the Most Out of Old Games EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Yea I have alot of old crap. I just sold 2 SNESs, I'm still not sure how I got 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Most Out of Old Games   Getting the Most Out of Old Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting the Most Out of Old Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digital Darkness :: Other Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: